Join me as I blast the fat and compete in my first bikini competition November 2010 with my "guns" a-blazin!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Deep in the heart of Texas

Howdy, ya'll!

Since I'm spending time with my family here in the greatest State EVER- TEXAS!!!- I haven't been reading blogs or spending any time on the computer, as is understandable. However, I did want to "pop in" and say HOWDY! and let you know that I've been 100% spot-on with my diet and exercise since I've been here and I'm mighty proud of myself for that!:)

I've gone to the gym each day that I've been here (except today because it's Sunday and my rest day (hey, God rested so so can I!). I've gotten up early each day I've been here to do cardio and then gone to my parents' gym in the afternoons to lift.

Saturday and Sunday I switched things up and ran/walked the ridiculous hills in our neighborhood to get my cardio fix. My parents live in the Hill Country area of San Antonio and let me tell you, the "hills are alive with the sound of panting music". Man, my heart rate was just as high- if not higher- jogging these hills then any setting on the treadmill at my gym in Pittsburgh. FOR REAL!

I thought it'd be a nice break to do cardio outside so each morning I've taken one of my parents' dogs for a jog. Saturday, I took Mattie Rose, our smallest Jack Russell Terrorist Terrier, and this morning I took Pete E., another one of their Jack Russell Terriers (however he pulled me most of the way, which I didn't mind when going up the "Big Kahuna" hill near our house HAHA!) I think tomorrow I am going to *attempt* to take Carson, our Alaskan Malamute, but he weighs about as much as I do- no joke- so this could be interesting!

I'll post pics in the coming days so you can see my jogging buddies:) It's been fun to take the pups for a jog since Hubbs and I don't have a dog of our own...yet. I'm still "workin'" on it ;)

Anyway, just wanted to say "HOWDY!" and hope you have had a great weekend! I hope I don't lose readers--all 5 of ya'll HAHA!--but I'll be back to my "regularly scheduled programming" of blogging everyday when I return home. I've got lots to talk about:)

Blessings,
Talia:)

QUESTION:

1) Where did you grow up and do you live in that same state? As you know, I'm a Texan- through and through- and lived there my entire life until after I got married in April 2009 and moved to Pittsburgh to be with my husband. It's hard to imagine not living in Texas but I'm really enjoying Pennsylvania and am fortunate that I am able to visit family and friends and my HOMELAND whenever I want:)

2) Do you "stay on track" with diet and exercise when you travel and/or visit family/home? Like I said, I have been 100% spot on my diet and exercise plan, even being in Texas for a week and even being tempted with home-cooked meals. My first stop when I got here was the grocery store to get my staples and my parents have lent me the key to their gym everyday I've been here. NO EXCUSES! :)

2 comments:

  1. Talia... first off so glad ya'all are having fun! :) Secondly... GOOD JOB staying on your diet and workouts. To answer your questions... bluntly... I literally REFUSED to go "home" through our entire summer because of my competitions. I am from Utah (living in Southern Cali). Utahn... born and raised. I moved to Texas (HELL Paso) right after I married my husband almost 11 years ago and haven't been back since. I do miss it, but we have been lucky enough to travel all around the world. We spent four years overseas in Cyprus. My daughter by the way was born in HELL Paso and she says she is and will always be a "cowgirl" because she was born in Texas. HA!

    Honestly, my poor kids... they wanted so badly to go to Utah and visit family during summer break but I knew if I did I would not stick to my diet. My family although supportive... they just don't get it... and it makes it really hard. So straight after my show we went camping for a week and lived off of s'mores. LOL! I had to make up for it somehow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome home to heat and humidity, right? We're in austin so let me know if you ever venture this way!

    ReplyDelete